Thursday, September 21, 2006

Happy Birthday Dad, You're the best.

Today is my father's birthday. He is 80 years old today and still going strong. He's quite a guy. This picture is when he came to visit me here in Harbin. I was just getting started with the school and this is at my old apartment. I think he is a great example of human being. Dad has spent most of his life as a minister, and he comes to Asia usually once per year at least. He has semi retired and has a nice life working around his place. He also collects some funds from other good hearted people and buys cows and pigs for people in Bali that are quite poor. It's great to see the love of Jesus in action not just as a ritual in a church. There are so many that are pious and don't put their faith into action so I really admire him for that.

Traveling to China is quite easy and not really very expensive. I think anyone can have an interesting time even on a tour. I prefer to be on my own when I travel, but you can always find resonable tours. It's always good to have a friend in the city you are going to visit, and there are many ways to do that too. Well I just wanted to put up a picture of Dad, Michelle and myself on this special day. Love you dad.

Larry Rhoe aka worldtour

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home