Thursday, May 17, 2007

Where is the theater in China?

China has a long history of performance, but most of it is traditional. There are fine productions in television and movies, but there is little live theater. I recently received an email from my brothers theater group in Vancouver Washington asking for some help in finding a way to get a tour going in China. A tall order but I want to try and help. I want to reach out to any teachers here in China who may have contacts with English departments who may be agreeable to work with this idea. When I taught at Beida, Beijing University, Peking University, I saw a professional production of Arther Millers "The Crucible". It was a good production and drew some good crowds from the University and the public.

English is such a priority for students, so if you have some contacts, please contact me so I can pass them on to the planners. The picture above shows the name of the repertoire theater group which is headed by my brother Llewellyn Rhoe. You can click on the picture to view some photos from the website. It is The Main Street Theatre.

I would guess that fewer than one or two percent of the students have seen a theater production. Any help in this project would be greatly appreciated and may also help you too, as you may see your stock rise. If you have any contacts who may be interested in helping with this idea please let me know, as it is a large undertaking. Be assured these artists are talented and would love to bring some culture to your school.

worldtour aka Larry Rhoe

Add to My Yahoo!
__________________________________________________________________

Labels: , ,

7 Comments:

At 10:35 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hiya :) I run a theater company here in Beijing and I'm painfully aware of the ins and outs of running shows in China. Feel free to contact me at elyse at iheartbeijing dot com.

 
At 10:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi,

I am regular visitor of this website[url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/lose-10-pounds-in-2-weeks-quick-weight-loss-tips].[/url]worldtourinchina.blogspot.com really contains lot of useful information. I am sure due to busy scedules we really do not get time to care about our health. Let me present you with one fact here. Recent Research displays that almost 50% of all USA adults are either obese or weighty[url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/lose-10-pounds-in-2-weeks-quick-weight-loss-tips].[/url] Hence if you're one of these individuals, you're not alone. In fact, most of us need to lose a few pounds once in a while to get sexy and perfect six pack abs. Now next question is how you can achive quick weight loss? [url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/lose-10-pounds-in-2-weeks-quick-weight-loss-tips]Quick weight loss[/url] is really not as tough as you think. Some improvement in of daily activity can help us in losing weight quickly.

About me: I am writer of [url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/lose-10-pounds-in-2-weeks-quick-weight-loss-tips]Quick weight loss tips[/url]. I am also health trainer who can help you lose weight quickly. If you do not want to go under painful training program than you may also try [url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/acai-berry-for-quick-weight-loss]Acai Berry[/url] or [url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/colon-cleanse-for-weight-loss]Colon Cleansing[/url] for effortless weight loss.

 
At 9:44 AM, Anonymous propecia online said...

I want to reach out to any teachers here in China who may have contacts with English departments who may be agreeable to work with this idea.

 
At 12:51 PM, Anonymous adenoid surgery said...

English is such a priority for students, so if you have some contacts, please contact me so I can pass them on to the planners.

 
At 3:38 AM, Anonymous eco travel agency costa rica said...

hello friend amazing and very interesting blog about Where is the theater in China? I really would like to have any update about, thanks for sharing this information

 
At 3:48 AM, Anonymous Green Parks said...

Hello.. Firstly I would like to send greetings to all readers. After this, I recognize the content so interesting about this article. For me personally I liked all the information. I would like to know of cases like this more often. In my personal experience I might mention a book called GreeN Parks Costa Rica in this book that I mentioned have very interesting topics, and also you have much to do with the main theme of this article.

 
At 2:28 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

The entire website looks great! Nevertheless, when you need to edit or proofread already written and existing articles, move to http://proof-reading.services for more details!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home