Tuesday, May 01, 2007

Work Work Work

Oh, Mayday, Mayday, Mayday. No the ship is not going down it's just workers day. You know, it's not really celebrated in the States. We do have Labor Day but it is not the same thing. Behold the Glorification of the worker. These vintage posters are always interesting. But since I am not Chinese it really is just another work day. The parents of my students wanted classes so I was happy to crank out another lesson. If you want a jump on the competition just bite the bullet and hold class. It was rather nice this morning, much quieter than usual. No rubber hoses pounding on plastic buckets announcing another collector of recyclables. Not the usual horns honking incessantly, or the chop chop chop of food reducing to chopstick size bites. Oh the joys of the holidays.

Seriously, work is a good thing, it will always be there for you. Your friends and family may let you down but work will always be there for you. It is a bit different here. That kind of attitude is not so common. If you can bring your work ethic with you and focus on what you want, there is more opportunity here in China than most places I have traveled to. I never fancied myself as a businessman, I just knew I could teach well. I don't run my business like others, I offer good value at very reasonable prices. This seems to work anywhere and it has worked well for me. So raise a glass to those who keep the wheels greased.

worldtour aka Larry Rhoe

Add to My Yahoo!
_________________________________________________________________

Labels:

2 Comments:

At 4:47 PM, Blogger Ori Atalyah said...

Hi, Larry. Thanks for positive remarks about Harbin. Would you give an update? maybe we'll meet within a month or so. --Anthony

 
At 2:34 PM, Anonymous plumbing said...

Thanks for the insights. We should all work and appreciate what we have now. As long as we have work for today let's keep doing it and give our best best to it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home